If you create original music and perform it live then the simple answer is YES!
It’s free to join and you can apply online to join APRA AMCOS
Here’s the official info straight from APRA’s website.
APRA can represent your performing and communication rights through APRA if:
- you are the original creator of a musical work
- you are an arranger of non-copyright works
- your work is publicly performed or broadcast
- you are ordinarily a resident in New Zealand, Australia or a South Pacific nation; and
- you are not currently a member of another performing right society